Thursday, January 16, 2014

On the Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Way back in November of last year, the wonderful Sean of The Fictionista nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and while it’s clearly taken me awhile to get around to doing so, I’m happy to be finally be able to do this post today. Thanks again for nominating me, Sean!

Here are my seven random facts:

1.  When I get something vintage with a brand name on it, I more often than not will research its history.

2.  I thoroughly enjoy reading etiquette books.
Two Amy Vanderbilt's and one Elinor Ames...
for some reason the ones by Emily Post in in different spots.
 3. The nickname Inky was given to me in high school. The lid of my pen wouldn’t come off and giving a really good tug resulted in the entire pen coming apart and a lot of ink ending up on my hand. Since the class had already started, I decided to attempt to rub off some of the rapidly drying ink.  This caught the attention of my teacher who stopped in the middle of lecturing, stared at me, and waited for me to ask to be excused. (The whole incident was actually very funny, but it’s hard to explain in a way that makes it sound like it.) This nickname works doubly well, though, since I frequently have ink on my hand after taking notes in pen.

4. From each clothing item I sew I keep a small piece of the fabric(s) I used. These I sew together like patchwork and plan to make a pillow.
I didn't realize how many pieces I hadn't added on to this yet.
5. I’m not sure if I have more books or more straight pins. There are a lot of both…

6. I detest grape flavored candy.

7. I love these socks:


And some lovely bloggers I’d like to nominate:

Alissa at In My Mind
Daffny at A Vintage Nerd
Jamie at Chatterblossom
Jessica at Chronically Vintage

Should you respond or not, I still think you’re all incredibly inspiring!

4 comments:

  1. I love your random facts! And I need to find a pair of socks just like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine on the Sock Dreams website (weird and wonderful socks galore!). They're actually two separate pairs, but I've always worn one of each instead of a matching pair. <3

      Delete
  2. Aww, it is so heartwarmingly beautiful that you save a piece of fabric from each of your projects. If I was a sewer, I think that's something I'd like to do as well.

    Thank you very much for the nomination, honey, I sincerely appreciate that you wanted to send this fun blog award my way again (I've received it before, but am happy to blog about it a second time).

    Have a super lovely weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it'd be a nice way to remember what I've made. Looking at it makes me realized how much I've learned since I started it.

      You're very welcome!

      Delete

Happy to hear what you think...